SAIC is seeking a SharePoint Developer to provide support on-site in the Pentagon designing and implementing technologies to promote knowledge management and collaboration. The engineer will develop storage platforms, indexing strategies and user interfaces for knowledge assets as needed. The engineer will draw out, capture and categorize business information by communications with stakeholders, and implement workflows and processes to manage information using knowledge management platforms. In particular –
- The candidate will support the Organizational Policy and Decision Support (OP&DS) office in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision-making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
- The candidate will serve as a SharePoint Developer with responsibility for evaluating, designing, and developing applications using ASP.NET, SQL Server, Microsoft.NET Framework solutions using Java and HTML.
- The candidate will also use in-depth understanding of SharePoint, including Windows Workflow Foundation, InfoPath, and Form services, and MS Rights Management to solve technical and business problems.
- SAIC is looking for an individual who has superior analytic, research, and technical skills and who is poised, articulate, and comfortable working with senior government officials.
- This position requires the ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
- Candidate duties also include soliciting input from users for upgrades and additional functionality of the tools offered and researching the availability of new tools to assist in better meeting user needs.
- Create, update, and maintain Federal agency websites, social networking accounts, and SharePoint sites, and platforms in accordance with agency regulations and Federal law (e.g., OMB Circular No. A-130, OMB Memorandum M-17-06, among others).
Required Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree.
- This position requires 10 years or more relevant experience in SharePoint development, preferably with the Department of Defense.
- Extensive background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including MS SharePoint and SharePoint Designer is required. Applicants should have experience with SharePoint 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult technical concepts in simple terms.
- Requires demonstrated experience in SharePoint Designer with responsibility for evaluating, designing, and developing application software.
- Requires demonstrated experience developing, analyzing, and re-engineering business processes and standard operating procedures.
- Requires in-depth understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Requires demonstrated experience in implementing workflows and processes to manage information using collaboration and knowledge management platforms.
- Experience in MS Office applications and online research tools.
- Candidates must have experience directly engaging with users of knowledge management tools to solicit input and troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Possess an Active CompTIA Security+ CE certification to qualify for Information Assurance Technician level 2 in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M
- At least 3 years of experience developing and managing Federal agency websites, databases, and information management applications/systems.
- Experience building analytic/business intelligence dashboards with Qlik, Power BI and/or Tableau
- SQL experience
- Experience with scripting
- Knowledge in out-of-the box and custom SharePoint development to cater large volume of documents and activities.
- Experience creating and managing Web Applications, creating and migrating Site Collections, Managed Metadata, Site Columns, Content Types, custom Security driven lists/libraries.
- SharePoint certification(s) a plus.
- Experience with MS Rights Management.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
- Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.