Job ID: 211020
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a cleared MBSE Systems Engineer who is a current Model-Based Engineering practitioner to support a program in a Department of Defense, PEO C4I, Acquisition Program Office in San Diego, CA.
You will join our highly energized team of solution architects as we deploy innovative solutions for Maritime Domain Awarness (MDA) supporting an Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaisance (ISR) program. The Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Solutions need SE and MBE methods and creative thinking for a successful program. Solutions may consist of process, tools, and people. Information technology knowledge will be helpful.
· Exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your Systems Engineering and Model-Based Engineering experiences to transform programs from a document-centric approach to a model-based approach to more effectively support our customers and ensure their mission success.
· Use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Systems Engineering and Integration solutions for use on an individual program(s).
· Learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Model-Based SE&I platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of SE&I solution usage, and enhance our rapidly growing – and fully supported model-based engineering culture.
· Engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Systems Engineering work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc.
· Engage with the larger community to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our SEI capabilities.
· Demonstrated effective communications, presentation, and writing skills are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Active - TS/SCI
Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and procedures. Intermediate/Advance experience using enterprise modeling tools to model complex systems using SysML, UPDM, BPMN, and/or UAF.
Experience supporting DoD, NAVWAR, Acquistion Prgoram Offices
Desired: INCOSE systems engineering certification (CSEP or ESEP) Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment SAFe; familiarity with administration of Model Based Engineering tools
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.