We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Mainframe Storage Administrator/Engineer to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC Federal Systems.
The Mainframe Storage Administrator will work as part of a managed Storage-as-a-Service environment for a large Government client and will be responsible for the management of the client’s enterprise storage infrastructure.
Specific duties include:
- Manage enterprise storage infrastructure in support of client’s Mainframe computing.
- Provides a deep technical subject matter expertise and leadership for analyzing hardware and software needs.
- Work independently and with vendors and customer to install, support, upgrade and configure mainframe storage infrastructure.
- Work with client and storage vendors to maintain supported microcode levels.
- Work with storage vendors to review microcode release notes: Evaluate risk based on runtime and machine hours then work with client to plan for and conduct maintenance on storage arrays.
- Troubleshoot escalated storage hardware, configuration and availability issues.
- Investigate and resolve storage performance issues.
- Monitor the environment for performance and stability issues to meet Service Level Objectives.
- Provides oversight and tracking of support tickets, ensuring that issues and requests are resolved in a timely manner.
- Pro-actively monitor the environment and correct potential or present issues as identified.
- Provides senior technical consulting internally to teammates and externally to a variety of IT teams.
- Follow the clients’ and internal procedures for change management, incident management, and escalation.
- Work with peers across multiple business units. Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Provision storage per Storage-as-a-Service requirements.
- Document new technical procedures and processes developed in coordination with Storage-as-a-Service business goals.
- Identify new process and procedure improvements.
- Ability to obtain Government agency BI security clearance with drug screening
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years overall experience
- Good Verbal and Written communication skills.
zOS Storage Administration
- Mainframes host critical core IT for: 92 of the world’s top 100 banks; 23 of the 25 top airlines; 10 of the world’s top 10 insurers; and 71 percent of Fortune 500 companies.
- Mainframes run 30 billion transactions per day, hold 80 percent of the world’s business data and handle 90 percent of all credit card transactions.
- Mainframes host more transactions daily than Google (1.3 million/second on CICS vs. 68,542/second on Google), including 55 percent of all enterprise transactions.
IBM Storage Admins - IRS ESS:
- Required Experience with IBM DS8K (Mandatory)
- Required Experience with IBM HW planning, site prep, installs and upgrades (Mandatory)
- Required Experience with IBM technology including DASD replication (PPRC, GDPS & HyperSwap) in support of HA and DR (Mandatory)
- IBM HyperLink and HyperWrite knowledge (Desired)
Additional knowledge of open systems references below is a plus.
Preferable experience with HP EVA, IBM DS8K, Hitachi VSP/USP, Netapp
- Experience with Brocade SAN Fabric switches
- OS Administration: zOS,
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.