SAIC is seeking a Business Development Professional to focus on the Navy Program Executive Office (PEO) for Digital (PEO Digital) and PEO Manpower, Logistics and Business Solutions (PEO MLB). This position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development for the Naval Business Unit (NBU) within the Defense & Civilian Sector at SAIC. The Business Development Professional is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and assisting with the capture for a robust pipeline that supports the Naval Business Unit growth objectives. Additionally, the Business Development Professional is responsible for helping manage and guide PEO Digital and PEO MLB focused pursuits to include the proposed solution. This opportunity is in Reston VA. This person will also participate in the development of:
- Price to Win Strategies
- Capture Plans
- Win Strategies
- Value Propositions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Position requires effective management and leadership of capture teams. Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Coalesce with NBU team members including operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position SAIC for successful pursuits
- Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement SAIC growth culture
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Supports developing teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner
- Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study, and 10 years of experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Deep understanding of PEO Digital and PEO MLB portfolios to include current programs of record with a proven win rate of legacy PEO EIS opportunities.
- Active relationships with Navy Information Warfare leadership. Specifically, PEO Digital and PEO MLB leadership and technical experts.
- In-depth understanding of growth (capture management and business development) or related business experience in the DoD with focus on Navy Information Warfare programs.
- In-depth knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response
- The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices -- demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Strong understanding of Information Technology Systems Engineering and Integration
- Strong understanding of Information Technology Operations Management
- Strong understanding of Information Technology Service Management
- Strong understanding of the business cases for using Cloud hosting services
- Strong understanding of Application Modernization and Agile Software Development
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning and Department of Navy Logistics
- Deep understanding of all facets of effective growth from the initial opportunity identification to inside of the proposal room
- Driven and orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
- The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.