SAIC is seeking a Hardware Assurance (HwA) Systems Engineer to support the Strategic Technology Protection & Exploitation (STP&E) directorate within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) in the development and application of system security engineering and program protection for the Department of Defense (DoD) major defense acquisition programs (MDAPs).
The successful candidate will support program protection policy and guidance activities to protect the United States’ most advanced military technologies.
Job responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, review, and recommend HwA policy, guidance, training, and best practices that align HwA implementation across the DoD program acquisition lifecycle
- Engage with the Office of the Principal Director for Microelectronics and other OUSD(R&E) modernization area offices, to include JFAC and associated working group activities, to ensure alignment of HwA activities with policy and guidance
- Facilitate briefings to senior leadership and SMEs on program protection policy, guidance, and expectations, particularly in the area of HwA
- Serve as the OUSD(R&E) HwA policy and guidance subject matter expert (SME) to the Army, Navy, Air Force, and other DoD Components and United States Government stakeholders
- Review and provide recommendations on Program Protection Plans (PPPs) and other acquisition and requirements documentation for MDAPs on OSD oversight for appropriate inclusion and application of HwA policy and guidance
- Support the development, coordination, and implementation of program protection and HwA policy, guidance, standards, and lessons learned
- Develop and manage correspondence activities in support of the Congressional requirements to the National Defense Authorization Act, Government Accountability Office, Office of the Inspector General, national and DoD initiatives, etc. on the topic of HwA
- Support other tasks and areas of subject matter expertise related to program protection, to include the Trusted & Assured Microelectronics (T&AM) program, anti-tamper, defense exportability features, and software assurance, to ensure HwA equities are addressed
This role is temporarily remote/work from home/virtual due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back to 100% onsite in Arlington, VA once the threat of COVID-19 has passed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer engineering, or a related technical field and nine (9) years of experience; Masters and seven (7) years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with defense acquisitions (e.g., systems engineering technical reviews (SETR)) or defense policy and guidance (e.g., DoD instructions, directives, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with senior customer relationship management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DoD organizational structure, OSD inter-office coordination, communication protocols, or policies and processes
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements, stakeholders, and environment
- Experience in planning and coordinating technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participants
- Experience in preparing, coordinating, and presenting briefings and documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Secret security clearance
- Experience with program protection, system security engineering, or US export policy (e.g., International Transfer of Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations)
- Experience with technical policy and documentation development or organizations
- Knowledge of DoDI 5000 series weapon system acquisition
- Knowledge of the Planning, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process
- Experience working in the defense electronics industrial base, management of technical system design or related areas
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.