SAIC is seeking a test engineer in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
- Document and monitor testing outcomes and establish steps to remedy problems
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve testing procedures
- Detailed understanding of how to properly document test cases and create effective and focused testing plans
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a product test and develop steps for their proper execution
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools for testing and deployment.
- Experience working with ALM and UFT
Must have a Bachelors and four (4) years or more experience; Masters and two (2) years or more experience. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
Must have at least 5+ years of prior Software / IT Testing experience
Must have strong computer skills and the ability to work with computer hardware and software.
Must have programming skills to identify issues in programming code.
Must have design skills to be able to develop effective methods to test different types of products.
Must have strong analytical skills to process test data.
Must have strong problem-solving skills
Must be able to identify issues but also present options for correcting those issues.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.