SAIC is looking for a Signals Engineer to support PEO C4I and NAVWAR / NIWC with a TS/SCI clearance familiar with developing, applying and evaluating state-of-the-art signal processing algorithms for sensor systems using sensing technologies to support defense and intelligence applications in San Diego, CA.
- Researches, designs and develops signal collection, processing and dissemination systems.
- Develops requirements analysis, system architecture, and integrates new signal processing technology systems.
- Designs, develops and analyzes systems for the extraction of information from signal sensors.
- Systems utilization include detection and estimation theories, speech processing, and neural networks; electromagnetic and acoustic effects on signals; and implementation of signal processing with advanced computer architectures.
- Supports the design, development, documentation, and testing of classified software products.
- Supports analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of software for signal information processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- Supports end-product requirements are met and follow the associated standards.
- Supports developing, applying and evaluating state-of-the-art signal processing algorithms for sensor systems using sensing technologies to support defense and intelligence applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. TS/SCI
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science or mathematics with a strong foundation in signal processing. Digital signal processing, stochastic processes, detection and estimation. Categorization of signal types, signal conditioning required for processing, digital conversion and exploitation. Drafting (RF) system performance specifications using waveform specifications requirements. Cull spectrum and signal processing requirements into antenna, RF conditioning, digitization and processing specifications.
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders; government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
- Understanding of PEO C4I and NAVWAR with prior experience on Naval Systems or Programs.
- Prior relevant military or federal government experience, particularly experience as a Technical ELINT Analyst and/or Advanced Communications Signals Analyst.
- INCOSE Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.