Job ID: 210525
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2021
Category: Business Management
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
The role of this position is to support the U.S. Air Force Headquarters AF/A3TI, Operational Training Division in the Pentagon, DC.
The applicant will conduct analysis of LVC/M&S Program Elements (PE), and track the LVC/DMO requirements/funding priorities, assess Modeling and Simulation capability effectiveness, and review Wargaming/Simulator Center program requirements during the POM development cycle and deliberations.
Day to day duties include:
1. Tracking acquisition milestones for all LVC programs and initiatives to assist planning and execution.
2. Consult with MAJCOMs/stakeholders to prepare justifications for submission to Congress each fiscal year working with SAF/AQX, SAF/FMBO, AF/A8PC, and AF/A3T is required.
3. Provide financial expertise on programming, allocating, and documenting funding requirements for USAF M&S and DMO/LVC-OT.
4. Support & monitor of 75+ PEs related to Simulators/LVC/DMO and provides monthly updates Assist spend plan development to obligate and execute annual budgets and document program management efforts.
5. The applicant will be providing PEM support and must be able to use the PPBE tools described. Desired applicant can use the PPBE tool expertise to show current status of money, move money, and be able to use the tools for forensic analysis of where money is.
As an LVC M&S SME, the provider should demonstrate:
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) of an LVC/M&S Program Analysis and Management
• MAJCOM or HAF level working environment. Provide analysis support using Air Force
Financial Management support systems and databases (e.g., PBES, RAPIDS, ABIDES, CRIS, ABSS, DEAMS) is essential. The provider should also have experience within the past 5 years supporting the DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting process.
• Bachelors and 15 years or more experience of related experience; Masters and 13 years or more of experience; PhD and 4 years or more of experience in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or Engineering (Highly Desired)
• Minimal of 5 years’ experience in the Department of Defense’s (DOD) Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) decision making system
• Knowledge of Air Force’s Automated Budget Interactive Data Environment System's (ABIDES)
• Working knowledge/familiarity with the majority of the below systems:
- Air Force Knowledge Now (AFKN) and Community of Practice (CoP) for FM Domain
- Automated Funds Management (AFM) system
- Automated Scheduling and Reporting Systems (ASARS) or Resource Allocation
- Programming Decision System (Rapids)
- Commanders Resource Integration System (CRIS)
- Defense Contracting Management Agency’s Contract Management Team website
- Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System (DEAMS)
- Executive CCaRs
- Financial Management Suite (FM Suite) / Automated Tri-Annual Review (TAR) Program
- Integrated Budget Documentation and Execution System (IDECS)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.