Overall Assignment Description: The CIO-T/TF/TFIC Integration Division, Demand Services Branch is searching for a Senior Systems Engineer Principal, Level 5. The contractor shall provide support for the CIO-T/TF/TFIC Integration Demand Branch. Requirements are to:
Duties may include:
- Work with Analytical customers (authors) to convey GEOINT to NGA’s external customers.
- Provide insights and advice regarding data, products, and services within the Future Experience Office.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and data providers to anticipate customer requirements and recommendations.
- Support TF leadership on emerging programs and projects including expediting crisis work and ad hoc tasking on various scheduled arrangement.
- Assist in formulating strategic initiatives related to CIO-T/TF/TFI to include metrics collection via web properties and product instrumentation.
- Provide assessments to identify effective CIO-T/TF/TFI Initiatives and their processes.
- Support in the development of strategies to improve Demand Signal collection activities to gain a better understanding of our customer’s needs.
- Assist in identifying measures, actions and initiatives required to achieve the Future Experience Office strategy and the Demand Signal Strategy.
- Assist in the development of business processes and plans required to collaborate and coordinate across NGA.
- Assist in formulating and translating user or functional requirements and mission needs.
- Provide recommendations to integrate online elements of NGA’s Web properties to enhance the discoverability and retrieval of NGA’s GEOINT Analysis.
- Assist in identifying and developing campaign plans to fill Customer Demand Signal gaps.
- Possess documented experience with Cloud (systems applications and data) migration efforts.
- Possess documented experience with working with multiple data sources to analyze and compile potential outputs based on customer requirements.
- Possess experience with continuous service / process improvement.
- Perform daily application updates and maintenance functions.
- Deploy monthly security patches and updates.
- Manage Amazon Web Service Cloud environments leveraging services such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, CloudWatch, Identity Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Install, configure, operate and maintain integrated systems to support mission operations.
- Provide support migrating existing on-premises applications to AWS. Implement and control the flow of data to and from AWS.
- Provide support in selecting the appropriate AWS service based on computer, data, or security requirements and operational best practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Graduate degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related graduate degree and 15 years of work related experience in the information technology field.
- Demonstrated experience deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and IC cloud architectures.
- Demonstrated experience developing, designing and documenting system architecture and selecting accurate AWS components to implement architecture.
- 12 years of systems engineering program management and/or senior leadership experience within the IC.
- Demonstrated experience with NGA’s Risk Evaluation Acceleration Management Process (REvAMP) process.
- Demonstrated experience determining estimates for Amazon Web Services (AWS) usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.