- SAIC is seeking a
Documents Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as
part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD),
Office of the General Counsel for Intelligence (OGC/Intel).
- The candidate
and maintain policy and procedures for record filing and disposal in accordance
with DoD standards
prepare, scan and index legal review files before they are sent for storage and
records and comply with records management instructions, records
retention/disposal guidance, and annual inspection of file plans/records.
security requirements and procedures for properly handling and
storing/archiving classified materials with NARA.
classified information from unclassified information when archiving legal
and categorize documents for digital files.
legal files into electronic form
includes document preparation, scanning, transferring scanned documents to
storage media and performing final quality checks
database, indexing, and archival support, to include:
- analysis of
- review of archival
- review international
- inputting data from
international agreements into the database.
- Other tasks and
assignments may also include:
daily with the Deputy General Counsel, Intelligence, and Associate General
administrative and records management support to the OGC/Intel office
with administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal
actions for OGC/Intel.
administrative and records management office support in addressing the workload
(e.g., tracking, organizing, and archiving) and knowledge management activities
across the government attorneys and contractor staff.
legal actions to other coordinating offices throughout day.
and closing actions using the suspense tracking system (STS).
general editing functions, answering phone calls, escorting non-cleared
personnel in the office, maintaining files, and preparing correspondence.
copies, scanning documents, producing files, assisting in scheduling and
monthly reports, and maintaining basic office functions.
- High School and seven (7) years or more related experience.
- At least three (3) years or more relevant document analysis/records management experience with the Department of Defense.
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non-legal DoD documents
- Understanding of security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials.
- Familiarity with NARA storage procedures
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice and records management
- Ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures.
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong admin skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office or JAG office.
- Working knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, Access databases, etc.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.