Join SAIC and the Intelligence Community by providing support to the National Counterintelligence & Security Center’s mission, by managing the NCSC and community databases to ensure system availability, readiness, and responsiveness; as well as reducing vulnerabilities in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures. The CI community’s critical databases will rely on you!
Duties include monitoring, analyzing, configuring, testing, and reporting database conditions to ensure successful database development and maintenance associated with the following:
- Developing new databases, as required, and updating existing databases;
- Developing simulations and exercises to test readiness responses and communication channels;
- Responding to user requests for assistance in database integration and development; and
- Assisting with managing and maintaining clearance reciprocity systems.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- A Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Database Administration, Geographic Information Systems, Information Security, Information Technology (IT), IT Management, Network Administration, Software Development, Technical Writing, or Web Design & Development. Level of degree and required experience combinations are the following:
- Doctorate (PhD) and eight (8) years of experience; or
- Masters degree and ten (10) years of experience; or
- Bachelors degree and 12 years of experience; or
- Associates degree and 14 years of experience; or
- High School/GED and 16 years of experience; or
- No Degree and 20 year of experience.
- Demonstrated relevant expertise supporting U.S. Federal Government as a Database Engineer, with handson experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in each of these areas (and they may be concurrent with the requisite years noted above):
- Working knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Working knowledge of statistical packages for analyzing large datasets.
- Ability to effectively establish and execute strategic priorities and critical tasks, demonstrating problemsolving skills and algorithmic thinking.
- An active TS/SCI and CI Poly Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.