SAIC is seeking a Senior Microsoft .Net Developer to join our team in support of work taking place at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY. This is a Remote / Virtual / Work from Home positon. The developer will be a part of a group of individuals that are responsible for the implementation, enhancement, and maintenance client/server and web applications; including analyzing and resolving software-related issues or problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write, modify, and debug client/server and web applications.
- Assist other developers in coding and debugging issues.
- Work with business representatives to define requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Setup and maintain software development and server environment for other developers.
- Monitor quality assurance and required up-times of supported systems and their data sources.
- Maintain versioning and implementation of third party products used in the development process.
- Participate in activities accordingly to ensure on time implementation deliverables are met including day-to-day planning and coordination with testers, developers, project managers and business representatives
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology and at least 5 years’ experience using Microsoft Visual Studio for Web based development; or a Master's degree in a related discpline and 3 years' experience; 4 additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in object-oriented analysis, design and coding in a .NET server-side environment, specifically utilizing the Microsoft Web Forms and MVC applications running .NET 4.X framework.
- At least 5 years’ experience using a major database (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, etc...);
- At least 3 years’ experience using Angular v6.x or later;
- At least 3 years’ experience using Web API (.NET 4.x, .NET Core 2.x-3.x);
- At least 1 year experience using VBScript (Classic ASP);
- At least 3 years’ experience with User Experience (UX) Design (CSS);
- Experience with WCF (.NET 4.x);
- Experience in writing PL-SQL/T-SQL (select, insert, update, and delete statements);
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle (SAFe, Scrum, etc.);
- Experience with source analysis software like HP Fortify;
- Comfortable with Source Control (GIT, TFS);
- Comfortable with debugging and analyzing software errors;
- Comfortable with object oriented analysis and design;
- Comfortable working with and writing HTML, XML, and JSON;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification required prior to start date.
- Computing Environment training or certification valid in ATCTS is required to meet IA requirements (Can be attained after starting work, SAIC will assist).
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.