SAIC is seeking a Project Manager / Project Scheduler to support work taking place for the Navy in San Diego, CA. This position will be apart of a team providing software and engineering support services to produce and deliver software that will (a) sustain the Aviation Logistics Environment (ALE) product line in the fielded baseline, (b) produce, implement and deliver software changes to the ALE product line to maintain interoperability with changes to the aircraft in production, (c) to provide engineering support for the V-22 Technical Data ecosystem, and (d) to provide engineering support for the Integrated Training System (ITS).
Note: This position is temporarily a remote/ virtual / work from home position due to COVID-19, but will ultimately be required be onsite in San Diego, CA once restrictions are lifted for this location.
- Implement and oversee project schedules.
- Collaborate with project managers, setting tasks, and monitor the execution of project timelines.
- Prepare project progress and performance evaluation reports.
- Providing scheduling support will entail approximately 50% - 60% of candidate’s time. Other support will include project administration and configuration management support.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining detailed resource-loaded schedules for implementation, developmental and operational systems across multiple product lines.
- Works with technical leads to develop detailed schedules and assists in keeping these schedules current.
- Develops and or modifies project schedules and or the integration of multiple project schedules into an overall Master Program Schedule.
- Maintains the overall Master Program /Project Schedule.
- Links project schedules with the overarching program, Investment Portfolio, functional area and/or other Integrated Master Plans (IMPs) Maintains status on linkages and dependencies with related projects.
- Maintains percent complete for tasks.
- Facilitates weekly meetings. Coordinates a cross-walk of milestones and interdependencies among projects and/or functional areas (engineering, test, releases, etc.).
- Provides information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule.
- Identifies and records the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled.
- Evaluate actual construction progress and provide regular schedule updates.
- Consults with project managers and technical experts to set up assignments, tasks, and subtasks.
- Coordinating project timelines with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Identifying potential project schedule delays and facilitating intervention in a timeous manner.
- Accommodating updates and changes to project schedules.
- Keeping leadership informed of project timelines and deadlines including monthly briefs.
- Documenting project scheduling processes and maintaining records.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline and 3+ years’ experience as a project scheduler in a related industry. Four years of additional related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Project.
- Extensive experience in schedule planning and management.
- Ability to keep stakeholders informed of project timelines and changes.
- Experience in resource loading, critical path method, network logic, milestone relationships, and base-lining schedules are required.
- Ability to review and revise, as necessary, work items contained in assigned projects and input information into scheduling software, excel spreadsheets and appropriate computer programs.
- Experience monitoring, analyzing and reporting performance of activities.
- Experience leading weekly meetings and keep leadership abreast of any concerns/issues
- US Citizen; No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Experience drafting, editing and tracking scheduling products with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) is a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.