SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. The Security Infrastructure team plays an essential role in engineering the security solutions that ensure the Agency’s critical IT resources are protected.
- A successful candidate will serve as an Enterprise Security Infrastructure Engineer in the Security Infrastructure Service Line on the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract.
- The service line leads design and architecture for firewalls, content filtering, VPN, IPS and proxy services for the Agency.
- This engineer will design enterprise security infrastructure supporting the Agency as well as providing assistance and also provide support to NICS engineers at any NASA center.
- Responsibilities will include developing detailed designs and deployment packages for security infrastructure supporting the entire Agency as well as individual NASA centers.
- Candidate will support the Agency VPN, firewalls and Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) infrastructure across the Agency.
- The candidate will help develop target architectures which guide the evolution of NASA’s networks and meet Federal security requirements.
- Candidate will support the migration of local WAF, VPN and WCF from local center-based solutions to an Enterprise solution.
- The Enterprise Engineer will also engage in lab testing and coordinate requirements with other service lead engineers and share results of testing with all centers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Hands-on technical experience with security infrastructure such as firewalls, VPN, content filters and web application firewalls.
- Experienced in documenting detailed technical designs.
- Excellent oral and written skills to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Comfortable working closely with both SAIC and customers senior management.
- Able to multi-task and effectively balance competing priorities while producing quality deliverables.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust.
Travel (if any):
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.