SAIC is providing key design, installation, and research support to facilitate a successful implementation of a multilevel security (MLS) system meant to allow greater collaboration between various government networks. This project is on the forefront of new technologies and concepts, and SAIC will design, build, and test systems meant to challenge the existing paradigm of the USAF enterprise network architecture. Please note, this position can be done anywhere in the United States, you will work an East Coast schedule. Remote/Hanscom AFB.
- Develop project execution schedule to comprise planning, build, event execution, and tear-down tasks.
- Work with engineering team and customer to develop site requirements for proposed system designs.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of project requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Configure, deploy, and connect specified systems at customer sites.
- Perform field engineering activities in accordance with project or exercise plans.
- Perform technical support in the execution of technology development and fielding.
- Execute lab-based demonstrations and events by coordinating with participants and operating the as-built network environment.
- Automates configuration management, including modernization of network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring, logs, patching, and updates).
- Test deployed systems for connectivity, access, and throughput.
- Generate and deliver compliance reports for customer review.
- Develop and update deployment documentation and post deployment checklists.
- Execute post deployment checks at regular intervals.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- 5-10 years of experience combined of systems engineering and fielding experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with virtualization platforms.
- One or more active certifications in the following:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience troubleshooting, integrating, and/or supporting multiple computing systems, including Linux platforms, Windows platforms, VMWare, Virtual Machines, etc.
- Experience with Linux servers and Windows Servers in a virtualized environment.
- Experience working with thick, thin, and zero client deployments
- Reliable and responsive.
- System administrator and/or networking experience.
- Working knowledge of WAN/LAN networks and the equipment involved; computer systems and network equipment virtualization; data center architecture and components; standard hardware solutions to computer servers, clients; and alternatives to the standard fielding.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.