SAIC is looking for a Contract Support Specialist to support a dynamic program in Chantilly, Virginia. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start.
- Provide direct support to a Government Contracting Officer (CO) in execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Provide contracting assistance to technical personnel involved in development of statement of work or data deliverable requirements.
- Assist the CO in preparing contract modifications and supporting documentation for actions such as funding, award fee, period of performance extensions, and admin modifications.
- Enter contractual info into contract writing system software as required.
- Monitor & evaluate contractor performance for compliance with contract terms/conditions & ensures timely submission of contract deliverables.
- Review completed official contract files to determine all contractual actions are satisfied.
- Provide general office management support, such as typing, document review for format, filing, file maintenance, photocopying, scheduling meetings/rooms, and calendar management.
- Maintain hard copy original contract files, conformed copy, and electronic copy within the NRO’s Electronic Procurement Exchange (EPX) Studio contract writing system.
- Distribute contract documents to internal and external parties
- Maintain office files within Windows NT environment
- Assist with invoice processing
- Develop tracking systems for action items and other areas as necessary
- Prepare reports as directed by the CO, Team Chief, or Senior Contracting Officer
- Prepare and submit expired contracts into the contracts close-out (i.e. Settlements) process
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph.
- 10 years or more years of experience working in an acquisition contracting office.
- Working knowledge of current NRO contracting regulations and procurement procedures
- Proficiency preparing contract files for review.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate between Government organizations and summarize information for presentations.
- Works well in small and large teams.
- Experience working with the NRO EPX Contract Writing Tool, MS Office Suite of Applications, and other standard computer applications.
- 5 years or more years of NRO experience working in an acquisition contracting office.
- Demonstrated experience participating productively as a contributing member in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to respond to and execute CO direction with minimal supervision, to display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
No Travel Required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.