SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Solaris Systems Administrator on the Apache (AH-64D) Post Production Software Support (PPSS) project at Systems Simulation and Software Integration (S3I) in Huntsville, AL.
- Operate as the system admin for the Apache PPSS lab and report to the project manager
- Work independently with general direction and as a team member
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational maintenance, support, and software upgrades for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers, Windows 10 workstations, and Solaris 10 servers.
- Manages multiple servers comprising multiple virtual machines (VMs) using VMware’s ESXi hypervisor, vSphere client VM manager, and vCenter system manager.
- Continually monitors and tunes system resources to achieve optimum performance, maximize system uptime, and troubleshoot system problems
- Performs complex software installations and upgrades to the operating systems, system services, application support packages, and application programs for Windows, and Linux software product deliverables
- Schedule backups, installations, and upgrades and maintain the system hardware and software in accordance with the customer’s IT and IA policies and procedures
- Ensure system and application data recoverability by maintaining a schedule of system backups, database archives, and restoration operations
- Provide quick reaction support to the Common Test Environment (CTE) development team and the gov't customer, to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems
- Works with the engineering team to ensure system and application data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Works with the engineering team to plan, implement, and test upgrades to the system hardware and software
- Works with the IA team on security vulnerability and compliance scanning of the system servers and workstations as required under a DoD Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Works with the IA team to maintain a Risk Management Framework (RMF) posture and participate in the RMF activities required to achieve and maintain an ATO
- Executes and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules
- Conducts hardware and software audits of servers, workstations, and mobile devices to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Successful candidate will be able to perform day-to-day maintenance, operations and support for enterprise level operating systems, zero clients and servers.
- Will direct and perform upgrades to end user and network operations center systems.
- Monitors system analyzing appliances and takes action as necessary to tune system performance and/or mitigate actual and perceived threats to systems.
- Ensures data integrity and storage to Federal standards.
- Conducts audits of equipment and production systems and creates appropriate reports.
- Support VDI/VMware environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience (years of experience can be used in lieu of degree)
Clearance: Must have an active Secret Clearance to be considered
Must have a CompTIA Security+ certification
Must have a RedHat Linux certification
- Experience in Linux operating systems
- Experience in Windows server and workstation system administration including Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
- Solaris 10 server experience
- Experience in VMware virtual machines, services, and tools
- Experience in the interpretation of IA vulnerability and compliance and scan reports and the implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to remove vulnerabilities for IA compliance
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and compliance with an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Experience in server architectures, storage architectures, virtualization, monitoring tools, backup/restore, performance tuning/capacity planning, documentation, server management
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.