SAIC is seeking a Jr. Software Tester to become a
team member for a SAIC Engineering Team supporting communication security for
the US Army Tactical Radio Project Office.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/
virtual work at home due to COVID-19.
Eventually the work will go back on site at Aberdeen Proving Ground,
- Work as part of a team of software engineers, systems
administrators, SQL/NoSQL database administrators/developers, network engineers
and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, and test
procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet
organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Conform to team guidelines and best practices at several
levels: company policy and practices, Agile, documentation and code style
- Design and develop test plans, test schedule, and
approach for new software features.
- Write test cases and scripts and identify data for test
- Document and communicate test results.
- Support analysis of test results and the resolution of open
- Document and resolve complex problems.
- Report progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devise improvements to current procedures and develop
models of possible future configurations.
- Work with DoD end cryptographic units (ECU).
- Provide understanding of how Simple Key Loader will
communicate with a new ECU or radio.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Degree and 6 years of experience OR Bachelors from an accredited institute preferably in a Technical Computer Field (preferred concentration in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline) and 2 years or more experience
- US citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
- Some experience in testing of an applied software and/or modified versions.
- Be knowledgeable of system base software languages and coding standards in use:
- OS development, mobile OS experience preferred, WinCE OS experience.
- Object-oriented programming languages, C++, Java, and C#.
- IEEE coding standards, ANSI C++ standards and MS Visual Studio 2008 C++ Standards.
- Basic knowledge with DoD Cyber Security auditing, continuous monitoring and analysis
- Courteously assertive, even under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Uses effective techniques to prevent details from falling through the cracks.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
- Collaborates well with and enjoys working with a team of equals and superiors
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment.
- Understand system requirements of the communication equipment and the supporting software.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.