Join SAIC, and help address the nation’s most pressing and complex challenges. SAIC works with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. We have an opening for a motivated, dedicated and energetic Systems Engineer to support one of our Programs within the Intelligence Community in Annapolis Junction, MD.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develops system Architecture and system design documentation and other technical documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for related problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents.
- Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process as well as other Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes.
- Conduct quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc..
- Develop comprehensive SOA solutions.
- Develop operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
EDUCATION / SECURITY CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors and twenty (20) years or more experience or 25 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Active DoD issued TS / SCI W/ CI Poly security clearance required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.