SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to support System Engineering & Integration (SE&I) activities in support of the United States Space Force (USSF) Space and Missile Center (SMC). We are seeking a Systems Engineer with experience supporting the Air Force Satellite Control Network and other SMC programs.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Providing Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support for various instrumentation systems including telemetry, command control, radar, communications, and associated systems.
- Perform engineering of system architectures, requirements analysis and decomposition, including system performance test and verification.
- Perform engineering analyses to predict and define problems, define/design actionable corrective measures, and operational implementation.
- Track requirements to subsystems, generate requirements documents.
- Participate or lead technical meetings and government-led studies, assess technical baselines and ensure system modifications meet requirements.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Current Secret security clearance
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as Enterprise Architect, TopVue, Solidworks or similar
- Technical skills to understand and analyze system problems, define potential solutions, and conduct in-depth technical analysis, assessments and trades and explain results of technical studies in a systems engineering context
- Ability to communicate effectively with external organizations to reach consensus on an architecture
- Masters degree in STEM
- INCOSE Certification
- Working knowledge of the Air Force Satellite Control Network or similar communications architecture
- Understanding of ground system antenna assets to include parabolic and phased array
- Experience in virtualization of sustainment systems to improve overall sustainability to include conversion from hardware to software-based platforms
- Working knowledge of ground system scheduling and operations
- Prior experience in OM&S maintenance with experience in troubleshooting complex problems to bring systems back to operations
- Working knowledge of RF, NTIA and High-Powered Amplifiers
- Prior experience with 22SOPs utilizing ground system scheduling applications such as ESD 2.7
- Understanding of networking principles in space applications
- Experience with a variety of communication system architectures for variety of RF applications
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN computer systems
- Experience in supporting in the role of Project Engineer to ensure cost and schedule align with the technical plan
- Experience in technical roadmap development starting with 1067s
- Proficiency with communication network analysis tools (QualNet, NS3, e.g.)
- Prior experience interfacing with multiple agencies to coordinate connectivity of new or existing ground systems
- Proficiency with analysis tools for space applications (STK Comm module, Riverbed)
- Experience migrating from other requirements tools to DOORS
- Experience performing engineering of an overall communications architecture to include Network and Civil systems
- Prior experience working with external Civil organizations (e.g., NASA and NOAA) to develop connectivity requirements, architecture and interconnect agreements
- Experience developing required documentation to setup communications connectivity at military installations
This position pays $75,000-$120,000 based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.