SAIC’s National Security Group (NSG) is seeking a GEOINT Systems Engineer Technical Advisor (SETA) to fill a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract, supporting the customer’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle. This position is located in Chantilly, VA.
In this role you will provide technical support to facilitate the development of GEOINT capabilities cooperatively with development contractors and mission partners to optimize mission success. You will actively perform engineering and analysis to ensure programs successfully develop and deliver core mission processing services in all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
Key functions include:
- Interface directly with development Prime Contractors in the role of oversight, monitoring of software development and integration activities and ensuring alignment with Government requirements and objectives
- Retain cognizance of a wide variety of GEOINT mission processing projects including, technical baseline, project schedules, dependencies, risks and cost
- Advise Senior and Mid-Level managers on architectural decisions to include investment strategies, acquisition portfolio priorities, risk assessment of project execution
- Conduct Strategic planning for both mission architecture needs (technical trade studies, definition of future architecture planning, software service recommendations etc.) and programmatic (Program Budget Guidance, cost estimation, generation of acquisition schedules)
- Accomplish performance assessment and provide estimates of cost, schedule and risk impacts to existing Ground architecture implementations
- Provide technical and cost assessment of vendor proposals, review technical reports, design artifacts and program plans
You will work side-by-side with the other LANDMARK AOS staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 9+ years in support of Intelligence Community's (IC) GEOINT systems and capability development
- Demonstrated understanding of GEOINT mission user needs and operational environments
- Strong understanding of overhead collection, processing architecture, and systems
- Experience developing or supporting the development of processing capabilities for GEOINT systems
- Experience in acquisition of IC / DoD systems; knowledge of acquisition roles, processes and/or experience in IC / DoD Project or Program Management
- Domain knowledge in Ground Software, Space Development Programs or Mission Operations programs
- Familiarity with MS Office tool suite
- Strong organizational, time-management, and verbal / written communication skills, able to convey information across multiple customer and corporate audiences
- Bachelor’s STEM degree from an accredited institution
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Working knowledge of the operations of GEOINT and associated scheduling, tasking and/or mission management functions
- Demonstrable understanding of planning, scheduling and mission management technologies
- Experience working within or closely with Acquisition Offices; SETA and/or SE&I experience
- Specific experience with IC and/or DoD space architectures, systems and/or operations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability