SAIC is seeking a Chief Scientist for an upcoming remote/tele-commuting job opportunity in the Health industry.
- Supports the DHA with multiple public comment period reviews, coordination, and associated standards development activity participation related to new versions
- Performs the functions of a technical expert in the relevant scientific field in the support of major programs or system development.
- Applies scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis and developing plans and requirements in the subject-matter area for complex systems.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of analyses, evaluations, and recommendations for proper implementation of programs and systems.
- Initiates the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products.
- Plans and executes laboratory research.
- May also review and analyze data from research studies, develop reports and conclusions based on those data, make recommendations regarding areas of investigation needed in specific research program areas, develop program and product development plans to accomplish specific research/product goals, etc., and critiques/evaluates individual research projects and overall research programs.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories, and may contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
- May participate in development of patent applications.
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts.
- Scientists will have subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: chemistry including biochemistry and medicinal chemistry, immunology, cell biology, biology, molecular biology, ecology, veterinary science, physics, genomics, bioinformatics, bacteriology, stem cell research, agronomy, agriculture and agricultural sciences, etc. T
- These scientists will use advanced data reporting techniques, mathematics and statistics in order to conduct and report their research.
- May require a master’s degree; at least 5-12 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- May report to a supervisor or manager.
- Post-degree experience in military healthcare operations or specialized clinical experience with military medical patients in acute, inpatient or rehabilitation settings desired.
- Familiarity with military medical programs/disciplines
- Familiarity with military cultural competence
- Must be organized, flexible, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Experience with Adobe Professional and with posting and sharing documents in SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and technical communication skills
- Ability to succeed as both an individual contributor and team member, identify and address client needs, and contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in military medical issues, resilience/prevention research, clinical practice, and training for military service members
- Ability to consult and collaborate with military healthcare providers, researchers, and policy makers
- Desire and skill to work as member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to accomplish timely, high quality work products, appropriate for an executive-level audience, that meet client approved objectives
- At least 5 years of related experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.