SAIC is seeking an Administrative Support IV to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as
part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office
of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
- The candidate will:
- Work daily with the Deputy General Counsel,
International Affairs, and OGC/IA office attorneys
- Provide administrative support to the OGC/IA office
- Assist with administration including the coordinating,
assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC/IA.
- Provide administrative office support in addressing
the workload (tracking, organizing, and archiving) and knowledge
management activities across the government attorneys and contractor
- Hand-carry legal actions to other coordinating offices
- Open and close actions using the suspense tracking
- Perform general editing functions; answer phone calls;
escort non-cleared personnel in the office; maintain files; and prepare
- Make copies; scan documents; produce files; assist in
scheduling and monthly reports; and maintain basic office functions.
- Provide periodic database, indexing, and archival
support, to include: analysis of chronological files, review of archival
documents, review international agreements, and inputting data from
international agreements into the database.
- Daily work hours are 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM (with one hour
for lunch) – 8 hour work day
Educational & Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice
- Experience with the OGC data file system or similar filing systems
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non-legal DoD documents and international agreements
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication abilities and the ability to read, interpret and understand legal documents.
- The ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong admin skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office or JAG office
- Working knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, Access databases, etc.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.