The SAIC is seeking a developer to support in a high-paced environment. The developer shall work on a small 4-person team to develop an analytic software tool that amalgamates, searches, and displays data from various data sources. The developer shall develop and test new application features in NodeJS, Vue, React, and other web development tools. Additionally, the Developer shall programmatically manipulate JSON, MS Excel, SQL, CSV, XML, and other data formats to aide in data ingestion processes.
The Developer shall be responsible for assisting in the following tasks:
- Communicate and meet with data partners to help establish requirements and potential data collection and analytics procedures. This may also include working with data partners to establish application connections and test SOAP and/or Rest APIs.
- Create and maintain software code and troubleshoot application production issues within the full-stack of web development, from front-end view to back-end data and server issues.
- Update application datasets with new data from providers, as well as create mappings and ingestion procedures for new datasets into Elasticsearch. This will include the ability to programmatically manipulate JSON, MS Excel, Sequel, csv, xml and other data formats to aide in data ingestion processes.
- Provision, configure, and apply security updates as needed to cloud-based AWS server instances.
- Develop and test new application features in NodeJS, Vu React, and other web development tools to accommodate the addition of new data from various sources.
- Assist with documentation preparation and application requirements to meet security approvals for test and production environments.
- Answer technical questions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be flexible to assist in multiple project areas as needed on a daily basis as priorities may shift.
- Demonstrated experience with Object Oriented Programming languages such as JAVA, C++, RUBY; or experience programming with NodeJS.
- Demonstrated experience working with REST or SOAP APIs.
- Demonstrated experience working in Cloud Environment/AWS deploying and maintaining web applications in dev, test, and prod environments.
- Demonstrated experience with NodeJS and MEAN, ELK or similar stack.
- Demonstrated experience programming with front-end Web Framework such as Vue.js or React.
- Demonstrated experience collecting, translating, and modeling sets of data for analysis in ElasticSearch.
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying applications in Windows and Unix Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated experience with requirements analysis and definition.
- A self-starter who enjoys working on small teams with dynamic priorities and responsibilities. Communicates and collaborates well with others, while also being able to work independently with generally defined requirements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.