SAIC is seeking a GEOINT Agile Systems Engineer to serve as a technical member of a dynamic systems engineering team supporting the GEOINT Ground (G2) organization. This position is on the Landmark GSS contract based out of Chantilly, VA. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph to qualify.
In this role you will lead GEOINT ground initiatives for future systems through lifecycle acquisition and readiness events. Additionally, you may lead projects for systems team work, have frequent client interactions, and support system and mission strategy development across the various ground offices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the customer transition to acquisitions leveraging agile principles
- Define capability roadmaps, epics, solutions/portfolios and features necessary to prioritize developer backlogs in alignment with capability deliveries.
- Provide subject matter expertise and agile best practices to teams coordinating CONOPS and architecture products
- Establish and translate requirements into features
- Assess system and segment schedule and risks
- Lead readiness and release planning events in support of system and acquisition-level ground milestones
- Support Agile test and DEVOPS verification strategies and integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded GEOINT mission capabilities
- Interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs), facilitating risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users
- Support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to reccomendation briefings
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
in engineering, physics or related technical degree with the following experience in space/ground aerospace
systems engineering (based on level)
- 9 years professional experience
of GEOINT remote sensing systems and overall space and ground architecture
including mission control and/or mission processing functions
supporting agile acquisition strategy, development and release planning,
as well as continuous integration initiatives supporting mission
capability releases enabling End to End GEOINT missions
communication skills especially with senior (Lt Colonel and above)
to recognize, understand, respect and collaborate effectively within
various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
Familiarity with overall GEOINT ground customer, including technical familiarity with mission control and/or processing of one or more GEOINT systems (including sensor knowledge)
Ability to work for prime contract’s IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.