SAIC is seeking a SharePoint/Microsoft 365 Developer to support the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) Technology and Enterprise Support Services (TESS) Program. The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board administers the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), a tax-deferred defined contribution plan similar to private sector 401(k) plans which provides Federal employees the opportunity to save for additional retirement security.
The SharePoint/Microsoft 365 Developer will support our client with design, deployment, configuration, maintenance and upgrades in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online environments. The candidate will support the SharePoint 2013 migration to SharePoint Online to include analysis, architecting, design, hands-on development, and setup of SharePoint sites and applications in a client-side enterprise SharePoint framework and environment.
- Support SharePoint Online migration, site and site collection development projects using Agile development methodology.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy data collection and reporting solutions using existing enterprise IT investments, including the capabilities of SharePoint and the Microsoft Office 365 Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI)
- Analyze client requirements and provide technical solution options to include but not limited to LOE, mockups, associated risks and constraints, supporting documentation for both custom and OOB development efforts to illustrate functional system/process requirements
- Analyze, identify, track, and resolve system deficiencies
- Develop, prepare and/or maintain documentation pertaining to business processes, systems operation, and other technical processes
- Support the development of stakeholder briefings to present to clients and senior level managers
- 5+ years’ experience demonstrating a high level of analytical thinking used to solve problems through the efficient use of software and an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proven experience designing, developing, and deploying data collection and reporting solutions using SharePoint and the Microsoft Office 365 Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI)
- Experience with Microsoft Access and the Power Platform Common Data Service
Basic understanding of database structures and experience authoring SQL statements
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 collaboration tools (Teams & SharePoint; including administration tasks such as creating/configuring SharePoint sites & managing user permissions)
- Experience in a client-facing professional services environment
- Strong attention to detail in both communications and solution development
- Ability to work well independently and lead various project initiatives
Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism, responsiveness, mannerisms in workplace and an attitude that fosters collaboration, teamwork and respect
- Federal contracting experience
- Extensive background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including MS SharePoint/Teams.
- Demonstrated experience developing, analyzing, and re-engineering business processes and standard operating procedures.
- In-depth understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing workflows and processes to manage information using collaboration and knowledge management platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
- SharePoint certification(s) a plus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.