SAIC is looking for an IT Asset Management Analyst to support a dynamic program in Arlington, VA. The IT Asset Management Analyst supports the Joint Staff (JS) Chief Information Officer (CIO) in assessing and evaluating Joint Staff and Combatant Command IT systems in order to advocate for Presidential Budget funds to align with ongoing Federal and Department of Defense (DoD)-wide transformation efforts..
- Work in a dynamic environment, supporting a high profile DoD Client establishing IT asset management processes to guide the Joint Staff into emerging technological assets
- Establish and implement hardware and software acquisition, protection, maintenance and retention policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with IT standards, policies and strategy.
- Investigate IT systems, evaluate and recommend integration, retirement or upgrades based on system status, security requirements, budget constraints and enterprise availability.
- Coordinate with the budget function to review documentation, ensuring IT Systems are properly budgeted for and accurately reported.
- Perform assessments and evaluations in conjunction with budgeting cycles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on IT investments across the Joint Environment.
- Provide support for Enterprise-wide system integration projects.
- Provide analysis and support to various initiatives directed by Joint Staff leadership in order to operate the business processes of the staff more effectively and efficiently.
- Establish and implement strategic initiatives and IT management best practices to ensure all Joint Staff IT investments have well-planned transition plans for each phase of emerging technologies, including but not limited to cloud migration, IPv6, and 5G solutions.
- Support Joint Staff CIO collaboration with IT Portfolio Managers and Information System owners on the Joint Staff IT Investment policy and enable the documentation of supporting procedures.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
DESIRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- IT/ Software background with the ability to understand IT management processes.
- Ability to analyze operational activities of functional systems to obtain qualitative or quantitative bases for decision-making, policies, or other Joint Staff purposes.
- Ability to identify emerging technologies and IT successes of other DoD Communities of practice.
- Ability to perform assignments involving analysis, preliminary production, planning, requirements definition, traceability, and evaluatin of one or more alternative technical approaches and associated costs for creating or upgrading performance of a system or activitiy.
- DOD headquarters or Joint Staff experience.
- Experience in written and verbal communications with senior military officers, senior government employees and executives.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.