SAIC is seeking a Citrix Remote Access Engineer to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Occasional off-hour, weekend and holiday support may be required during scheduled and un-scheduled events.
Description of Duties:
- Performs onsite engineering technical support for Microsoft Server 2012 R2/2016, Citrix Workspace version 1912, VMware ESX 6.0+, firewall/enterprise networks, and Active Directory integration.
- Supports Citrix Workspace version 1912 servers and application technology infrastructure, design, implementation, management, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Develops monitoring rules and application solutions for operation teams.
- Performs system maintenance (e.g., patching), and troubleshooting, traffic and performance analysis per resource engineering group and assignment.
- Adds or modifies infrastructure with scripts, programmatic enhancements and upgrades.
- Designs and documents new and existing infrastructure changes.
- Assists with configuration of similar production and lab environments and notifies lab management when production system changes.
- Executes engineering and operational plans and revises as appropriate.
- Communicates the status of all projects to client, senior technical engineering lead, or project manager.
- Support system re-design, enhancements and/or upgrades to existing production Remote Access (Citrix) systems
- Support test and deployment of new enterprise-wide remote access systems/solutions
- Test and deploy new remote access capabilities that meet the current and expanding needs for the Department; performs research, development, and testing in a lab environment prior to transitioning a product to production environment.
- Works with application developers to deploy Department-specific applications for remote access use.
- Collaborates with Engineering Team on future remote access strategies and design enhancements.
- Engages vendors for advanced troubleshooting and recommendations for system enhancements
- Provides technical input and presents recommendations and solutions to contractor and government staff.
- Supports escalations from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Operational staff to troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents and/or service requests; performs advanced technical analysis and troubleshooting
- Document system changes and participate in change control meetings
- Creates, updates and maintains SOPs, A&A, system design/architecture documents, system build guides, technical drawings and schematics, training material, and test plans; engages the quality assurance and training team to ensure documents/training material align with MRA standards
Citrix Workspace 1912 and Version 7.x, Citrix NetScaler, VMware
Strong familiarity with PowerShell, GPO, Windows image creation, AD structure
ITIL, CISSP, Citrix, RSA, and/or GIAC Certification
MS Server 2016
MCSE and or MCITP
DOD 8570 Security +
MSCP highly desired
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.