the SAIC MSI Program
International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) has been awarded a $165 million contract by
the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multisourcing service integrator
(MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist
the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the
state’s technology infrastructure. Under the contract, SAIC will coordinate and
monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive
branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify
the state’s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure
cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the
commonwealth’s service delivery platform.
This is a 100% Remote / Work from
home role at present, but Richmond Virginia office work location will resume
once a return to work date has been reached.
SAIC is seeking a Budget Analyst to support the Virginia
IT Agency (VITA) multisource supplier integrator (MSI) program in Richmond,
VA. The Budget Analyst is responsible for developing and
updating a quarterly forecast (current fiscal year plus three additional) for
the consumption of suppliers’ IT services for the executive branch agencies of
the Commonwealth of Virginia (COV). This
includes generating chargeback rates for these services based on suppliers’
contracted rates and VITA’s overhead and providing a financial forecast based
on forecast consumption volumes and rates.
Duties to include:
- Customer Deliverable Oversight and
- Develop deliverable timelines with
customer and ensure internal processes and work products are managed to meet established
- Engage customer personnel to achieve
timely decisions and input to ensure deliverables are completed in a timely and
- Review junior analyst deliverables for
- Facilitate reviews with SAIC and
- Lead continuous improvement activities.
- Serve as escalation point of contact
and primary accountable for budget and forecasting deliverables and process.
- Quarterly Forecasting
- Coordinate the capture of consumption
and financial actuals from the IT Financial Management application and inclusion
of these actuals into the forecast.
- Develop initial baseline forecasts each
quarter, based on extrapolation of actuals and/or manual adjustments.
- Modify the initial baseline forecasts
based on input from IT service owners and suppliers
- Coordinate the twice-a-year distribution
of the modified baseline forecasts to executive agencies, and collection and integration
of agency updates to their forecast.
- Review forecasts at the agency and
aggregate level, identify issues and anomalies, and work with the VITA Finance
team to adjust forecasts as needed.
- Document exceptions to the forecast
process (e.g., non-standard forecast treatment of some services) and apply
those exceptions (with VITA oversight) in the forecast process
- Package the forecast in an agreed
format and deliver to VITA Finance by the quarterly due date (Note: late
submissions carry financial penalties for SAIC)
- Rates Development
- Annually, and more frequently at the
request of VITA, generate chargeback rates for IT services included in the
- Populate and run the rates model with
consumption volumes from the most recent forecast; overhead and other costs to
be allocated to the chargeback rates are provided by VITA Finance
- Review the rates model with VITA and
make adjustments based on VITA guidance
- Reporting and Administration
- Develop and present to VITA Finance an
Executive Summary for each quarterly forecast.
The Exec Summary will include details of methodology, exceptions,
issues, variances, trends, and notable findings.
- With VITA Finance, provide briefings to
executive agencies on how to participate in the forecast process
- Maintain and update, as needed, the
Service Management Manual (SMM) and work instructions that document the process
and roles of the forecast process
- Suggest, review, and help implement
forecast process improvements
- With the MSI tools team, maintain and
propose enhancements to the forecast toolset
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, IT or similar with 9+ years of relevant experience. Preference for someone to have experience in a large and complex IT organization. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years of experience using an enterprise budget and forecast
application; Apptio experience a plus
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation
- Exceptional skills with MS Excel
- Competency in other Microsoft applications,
SharePoint, Project, and Visio
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work on tight deadline
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.