Job ID: 2019375
Location: FORT BLISS, TX, United States
Date Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently looking for Cognitive Performance Specialists (CPSs) to join the US Army’s new Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Program at Fort Bliss, TX. Positions are contingent upon contract award in the Spring of 2021.
The H2F System is the Army’s primary investment in Soldier readiness and lethality, optimal physical and non-physical performance, reduced injury rates, improved rehabilitation after injury, and increased overall effectiveness of the Total Army. The system empowers and equips Soldiers to take charge of their health, fitness, and well-being in order to optimize individual performance, while preventing injury and disease.
Cognitive Performance Specialists will act as part of a multi-discipline team that will provide program analytical support to function as integrated members of a Brigade (BDE)-based multi-disciplinary team focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the H2F System.
As a Cognitive Performance Specialist (CPS), you will train and educate Soldiers in individual and group settings, based on evidence-based peer-reviewed literature, in specific cognitive, mental, behavioral, psychosocial, perceptual, learning, adaptive thinking, human engagements, and emotional control skills, strategies, performance optimization and maintenance – to include documentation of work performed, implemented, and provided to Soldiers.
Tasks to Include:
• Assisting and advising the CPS PD in matters relating to mental performance, exercise, and sports psychology
• Providing information about mental performance, exercise, and sports psychology factors in sports, exercise, and physical activity
• Training and educating on goal-setting, performance profiling, visualization, performance development, and planning.
• Supporting research conducted in coordination with the CPS PD and/or Brigade (BD) PD.
• Assisting the CPS PD and/or BDE PD in developing and maintaining practice guidelines
• Developing and promulgating training materials to support the BDE non-physical performance optimization
• Documenting work performed, utilization, recommendations, and all other information in the designated reporting database
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.