SAIC has a job opening for a Senior Network Engineer/Architect in Huntsville, AL. This opportunity is in support of the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) Contract supporting NASA communications between NASA Centers in the United States and the NASA Programs in Russia.
- Cisco router / switch / Wi-Fi / ISE / telephony product lines
- Engineering new requirements into existing production services
- Restoring defective services
- Assisting peer engineers with service desgins
- Periodic travel to Russia is required to implement new requirements, technology refresh and support NICS services during critical Launch, Docking, and Undocking periods
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of experience; four (4) years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Cisco router/switch/wifi products
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Extensive knowledge relating to Wide Area Networks (T-1, MPLS, VPN Tunnels), Local Area Networks (Switch Fabric, Ethernet, Copper, Fiber, distribution), Cisco Call Manager/ Unity, Advanced routing knowledge of IP, ICMP, TCP/UDP, SNMP, DHCP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, VLAN, SIP, H.264, H323, PSTN/Dial Plans, Multicast
- Proficiency working within Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Proficiency using Windows 10/Office Suite / Visio / Project / SharePoint, Solarwinds, PRTG, WireShark, Radius, SecureCRT or similar tools
- Cisco ISE, VoIP, Video
- Cisco CCNA certification or greater
- Periodic travel (10%) required to Russia in support of services
- Typical 2X a year with 3 weeks in duration every trip
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.