SAIC is seeking a Software Reliability and Maintainability engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse, and highly motivated individuals supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
Job duties include:
- Review and assess reliability and maintainability programs and reliability documentation for programs selected for major DoD programs
- Provide mentorship in the areas of reliability and maintainability
- Update policy and guidance for the practice of reliability and maintainability
- Support the review and assessment of reliability and maintainability test strategies as documented in Test Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) and other documentation
- Understand and evaluate quality and risk associated with reliability and maintainability characteristics, capabilities, requirements and specification
- Evaluate the impacts of new technologies and practices of the discipline of R&M
- Prepare briefing and white papers for senior leaders
- Prepare reports and evaluations to inform milestone decision authorities
This role is temporarily remote/work from home/virtual due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back to 100% onsite in Alexandria, VA once the threat of COVID-19 has passed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field and fourteen (14) years of experience; Master's degree and twelve (12) years of experience.
- At least 15 years of experience with 10 years of experience in R&M engineering
- Six years of experience on weapon system programs/projects supporting the Department of Defense or Intelligence Community
- Experience with DoD Systems Engineering processes and R&M disciplines to include requirements development and R&M Engineering design activities
- Experience using model based engineering, SysML, XML and associated tools such as Cameo, MagicDraw, Rhapsody, and Enterprise Architecture
- Experience applying the principles of developing and designing reliable software
- Understanding of Lean-Agile mindset, systems engineering, and product and solution management principles
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to successfully lead and/or collaborate with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of tools such as OPUS, Windchill, Raptor, ReliaSoft, and Teamcenter
- Understanding of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology, digital transformation, and regulations unique to the Defense industry
- Understanding of condition-based maintenance, prognostics and health management, and reliability-centered maintenance
- Knowledge of site reliability engineering, system uptime, and methods to improve availability
- Understanding of the DoD Reliability, Availability, Maintainability-Cost (RAM-C) operational requirements analysis process
- Understanding of the process to translate user operational requirements to design specification requirements
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.