Job ID: 2019246
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Project Engineer to provide project engineering support to assist the Government Program Office Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) in planning, developing, and monitoring engineering development and procurement contracts. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly and is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Develop product technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specification (SysRS)/ Technical Requirements Document (TRD) for procurement acquisitions.
o Prepare program requirements related documentation: Use Cases, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), System Interface Document.
- Provides support to the COTR in providing oversight of Contractor’s program execution. Monitor performance requirements and compliance with contract technical requirements.
- Review contractor technical design documentation and data deliverables. Provide feedback to the COTR on documentation. Documentation includes:
o Proposed architecture and design
o Requirements functional analysis and allocation results
o Test Program, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports
o Systems Engineering Master Plan (SEMP)
o System/Subsystem Specifications (Hardware and Software)
o Hardware/Software Build Plans
- Knowledge of systems engineering policies, specifications, and standards. Provide recommendation of specifications and standards to be placed as program compliance/reference documents in contract.
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals.
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing and participating in Contractor formal design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR).
- Witness Contractor conducted testing based upon technical expertise.
- Conduct risk and opportunity management analysis.
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills – Must be able to put pen to paper!
- BS in engineering or technical field.- Must have TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.