SAIC is seeking a Sr. VMWare Engineer to support our NAVWAR customer in Portsmouth, VA.
• Configures, integrates, and deploys VMWare IT solutions.
• Provisions Virtual Machines and patches to the software and hardware hosting infrastructure.
• Conducting technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
• Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications.
• Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
• Acts as local on-site representative to customer organization.
• Participates in site system integrations.
• Provides operational engineering support to solutions using virtual server hosting and backup solutions.
• Updates system and process documentation as needed.
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
• HS/GED diploma and nine (9) years or more of experience; Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Master's and three (3) years or more experience.
• Technical Training in Electronics, Computers, or Networking or successful completion of U.S. Navy electronics “C” school.
• Must be able to obtain a CompTIA Security+, CISSP, or CASP certification within 6 months of hire.
• Must have an active Secret security clearance to start and then must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
• VMWare and vSphere design and integration experience on VMware and ESX 6.0+ deployment, configuration, and maintenance.
• Must have experience or be familiar with SAN Solutions, Active Directory, Cisco UCS, and Cisco Routing/Switching.
• Experience building and installing infrastructure
• 4 years’ experience in C4I Systems support to include a combination of: systems requirements, operational requirements, test and evaluation
• Must be able to obtain U.S. Passport.
• Up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS travel required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.