SAIC has an immediate need for a Principal Network Engineer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. Consider adding a sentence about your group's roll on the contract or the task the candidate will be supporting.
- Provide Tier 3 support for trouble calls related to Cisco network (wired and wireless) products
- Perform wireless site surveys including use of a spectrum analyzer
- Meet with customers to gather specialized networking requirements, especially related to wired and wireless networks
- Develop detailed implementation plans related to network projects
- Present proposals for implementation of network projects
- Participation in peer reviews of implementation plans and architecture
- Develop operational training for designed services
- Communicate and collaborate in cross-functional teams with Network Engineering teams supporting other NASA locations
- Participate in Agency working groups
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional related experience may be considered in lieu of the Degree.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco networking products (Cisco 3700 and 3800 series switches, Cisco 6500 series routers, 9000 series switches, Wireless LAN Controllers) and VOIP/UCS
- Working knowledge of Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, CA Spectrum, StruxureWare, EXI
- Knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Experience with general LAN technologies (CDP, 802.1q, 802.1x, 802.11, 802.1d, LLDP, port-security, etc.)
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including developing and presenting training materials, implementation plans, and diagrams
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio and Project
- Knowledge of and experience using Cisco Nexus switches (2K/5K/7K/9K) in NXOS or ACI-mode.
- Knowledge of data center network design
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Certifications / Training:
Desired Certifications / Training:
Travel (if any):
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.