SAIC has a full-time position opening for a Deputy Data Center Manager, with a strong emphasis in Electrical Engineering. The position will work to support the NCCIPSv2 Contract. The National Center for Critical Information Processing and Storage (NCCIPS) is a federal shared services facility, managed by the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC). NCCIPS provides facilities support to meet the requirements of multiple federal agency data centers and manages those relationships via Interagency Agreements. NCCIPS is a 200,000 sq. ft. secure facility situated on a 64 acre campus within NASA Stennis Space Center in southern Mississippi. This position is an on-site position located at Stennis Space Center, Mississippi.
This Deputy Data Center Manager will be responsible for coordination between the Data Center Manager, Facilities Manager, various functional teams to provide support for data center electrical and mechanical operations and must possess knowledge of facility infrastructure and operations, including: electrical distribution systems to include UPS and Generator power sources, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems, environmental management resources, and Mechanical requirements for chilled water and facilities environmental controls. In addition, the Deputy Data Center Manager shall participate in the scheduling, coordination and completion of all significant planned and emergency maintenance events for the facility and ensure these activities are executed in a controlled and proven method to ensure the reliability of the critical loads supported by these systems.
- Provide support for all aspects of facilities and data center management including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data center operation to achieve 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
- Supervises all construction activity and installations, in coordination with internal and external construction resources, to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards. Witness testing of all equipment during commissioning and validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation.
- Responsible for evaluation of electrical power system engineering designs required to develop or modify a data center facility.
- Develops specifications for selecting electrical components and equipment to use.
- Responsible for the management of the electrical infrastructure requirements within the NCCIPS Facility.
- Coordination and communication with the associated Project Managers is required to ensure that the projects costs are estimated accurately as well as completed on-schedule per the customer requirements.
- Responsible for the review of proposed client system installations and changes, and the impact of those systems on the electrical infrastructure, including: Power Distribution Unit requirements to optimize use of available circuits; monitor actual versus design loads and recommend improvements for better utilization of infrastructure, and development of panel schedules and requirements for electrical installations and upgrades.
- Research, specify, evaluate and document electrical and mechanical engineering drawings, plans, and other related documents and materials.
- Provide modeling support input in the preparation of detailed design, system testing, and commissioning. Work will be performed with minimal supervision.
- Support the Program Management Team to provide provisioning of data center services including colocation, connectivity, raised floor services, deployment and any additional services to be delivered to data center customers.
- Develop, implement and audit local standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to be in compliance with NASA standards and industry best practices.
- Advise Data Center and Facility Managers on budgeting and long-range planning for facility operations and maintenance.
- Maintain compliance with local health & safety (i.e. OSHA) and environmental standards and national electrical and building codes.
- Bachelor's degree and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more of experience; PhD or JD and two (2) years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering preferred.
- 5+ years related facility management experience in data center operations (or related electrical or mechanical engineering field) with minimum of 1 year experience in a mission critical environment.
- Prior experience should include similar duties and responsibilities that are specified in the job description.
- Must have knowledge of electrical systems including: power factor correction, branch circuit load calculation and optimization, high capacity (1000kVA) Uninterruptable Power Supplies, large power backup generator and control systems, high and medium voltage switchgear, 13.8kV power systems and below, SCADA.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and familiarity with Microsoft Project, Visio or AutoCad
- Detailed Knowledge and understanding of National Electrical Code and IEEE standards as well as industry data center policies and methodologies is required.
- Locates malfunctions, traces sources and circuits using voltmeters, amp-meters, watt-meters and other testing equipment.
- Must be able to oversee field installations, develop strategic goals and policy.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and electrical code specifications.
- Teamwork skills are a must when working on large projects with co- workers and client representatives.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills, with demonstrated ability to determine event root causes, performance shortfalls and required corrective actions.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Experience working within a change control environment
- Knowledge of performance management & critical awareness methods and implementation standards
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), and Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, and power metering/power monitoring systems
- Data center power systems experience desired.
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems, networking and connectivity standards, and hardware installation requirements.
- Power generation, utility distribution experience desired.
- Overcurrent protection coordination, arc flash analysis (with associated work plans), EasyPower (software)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Interim Secret clearance prior to employment. Continued employment is contingent that the employee obtains and maintains a full Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.