SAIC is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join the NASA NICS Program in Huntsville, AL. A successful candidate will be part of a Dev/Sec/Ops team responsible for the conversion of NASA’s traditional campus networks into a state-of-the-art Software Defined Access (SDA) network during an amazing period in NASA’s history. These networks support NASA’s Artemis Program (which will return Americans to the moon) and the Mars Exploration Program among many others.
- Planning for the transition of NASAs LANs from a traditional 3 layer campus architecture into a Software-Defined Architecture utilizing Cisco’s DNAC Appliance and Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Detailed design and implementation of the transition of both new and existing Cisco routers and switches into the SDA fabric.
- Management and support for NASA’s Enterprise Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) environment including over 40 appliances supporting all NASA centers.
- Hands-on post-implementation support of NASA’s SDA-driven LANs.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Candidate must have extensive experience with Cisco campus networks.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of LAN network design, routed data protocols and hardware platforms.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to develop technical guidance documents and multitasking between multiple ongoing projects to ensure customer requirements and timelines are met.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Advanced vendor certifications such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE.
- Experience with Cisco ISE and Cisco Software Defined Access (SDA).
- Additional experience supporting large-scale networks in an enterprise environment is preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.