SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center Simulators Division (AFLCMC/WNS) in Wright Patterson AFB, OH. The Associate Security Control Assessor Representative (ASCAR)/ Certifying Authority Representatives (CAR) Analyst /IAM-II will:
- Serve as a member of the OTI Authorizing Official cyber security staff, with responsibility for ensuring Information Assurance (IA) and Information Security (IS) is incorporated in full life cycle of information systems at all classification levels.
- Conduct assessments of security control requirements, and participate in the assessment and authorization process of Operational Training Infrastructure (OTI) simulators, networks, ranges and operation centers within the AFLCMC/WNS portfolio.
- Develop and improve Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) programs on multiple unclassified and classified networks and systems. Support the assessment and authorization process, such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), assist with the development of a Continuous Monitoring (CM) program, and assists in development and monitoring of plans of action and milestones (POA&M).
- Develop and report relevant metrics and information on Information Assurance, RMF, CM, and security control status of networks and systems.
- Develop and provide IA guides and instructions.
- Independently plans, organizes, prioritizes, and develops schedules to deliver program objectives on schedule and within budget while adhering to DoD regulations and changing situations.
- Provides overarching Air Force advice and assistance on establishing an Enterprise Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) standardized architecture that will interoperate and seamlessly integrate within the framework of DoD CIO IT Strategy-this requires coordinating parallel DoD and AF initiatives to migrate net-centric activities toward a cloud based approach.
- Assist the government in order of priority:
- To ensure the LVC-Operational Training centralized foundational management team develops a plan and implements accordingly the capabilities to use and optimize network application traffic, improve manageability of the enterprise with centralized infrastructure management tools, and deploy end user functionalities faster by further automating the software/simulation real-time deployment process
- In assessment of systems engineering plans
- To ensure LVC-OT IT design/development adheres to SAF/CIO A6 and AFCS guidance
The following skills are required:
- IAM II Certificate i.e., Certified Authorization Professional
- 5 years minimum as an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) or Certifying Assessor Representative
- Experience with Information Assurance and Cybersecurity
- Experience with RMF
- Working knowledge of eMASS
- Experience in applying information systems security principles and concepts and project management principles
- Experience in applying information systems security concepts and methods across multiple IT disciplines
Experience with Operational Air Force systems
- B.S or higher in either Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Sciences earned within the last 20 years with 10 years of tactical experience in Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Familiarity with:
- Joint Training Enterprise Architecture (JTEA)
- DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Joint Training Integration and Evaluation Center (JTIEC)
- Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)
- High Level Architecture (HLS)
- Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA)
- Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cloud Computing Definitions and Standards (NIST Special Publication 800-145 and 800-144)
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
A TS/SCI with SAP eligibility security clearance is required for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.