SAIC is seeking a Senior Logistics Engineer to work with the MILSATCAOM Systems Engineering Integration and Test (MSEIT) team in El Segundo, CA.
Join a small, hand selected systems engineering team defining the next generation of space communication systems supporting Space Force - Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Military Satellite Communications (MC) in El Segundo, CA. You will support Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) activities in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment. You will work onsite, co-located and closely integrated with the SE&I team.
- Support the program office performing acquisition logistics support
- Establish broad understanding of government operational and technical baselines in order to liaison with external stakeholders, coordinate sustainment planning and respond to logistics assessments
- Coordinate with stakeholders and subject matter experts to document logistics, life cycle sustainment plans and perform business case analyses. Facilitate resolving disconnects among stakeholders
- Refine sustainment plans, evaluate input provided by others and coordinate updates across multiple constituents
- Analyze developer plans, evaluate proposed sustainment activities, and develop recommendations for potential solutions.
- Document and apply lessons learned by similar efforts
- Provide regular updates to the customer on all activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, math, physics, or equivalent technical field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in integrated logistics support of Air Force acquisition or space systems
- An ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance is required for the position
- Expertise in Air Force/Space Force Acquisition Space Systems logistics
- Ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination and task execution across specialty engineering activities
- Ability to apply DoD policies to program plans
- 2+ years DoD space program acquisition experience, MILSATCOM experience preferred
- MS degree in technical field
- DoD or systems engineering certifications (PMP, INCOSE ESEP/CSEP)
- Expertise in spares provisioning, training and training equipment, life cycle cost analysis, maintainability and reliability engineering, support equipment requirements, technical order requirements and development, depot maintenance requirements and cost, space systems transition from development to operations, logistics support analysis, and logistics program management
- Application of reliability, availability and maintainability attributes as they impact life cycle cost
- Logistics management, supply chain risk management experience
- Air Force/Space Force space program office experience
- Domain experience with Military Satellite Communications
- Development and management of safety management plans, processes and products
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.