Job ID: 2018516
Location: REMOTE WORK, MD, United States
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking an individual to lead our efforts in IT User Support for Cloud Services related to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) plans for a new program focused on environmental prediction innovation. The position will report to the SAIC Program Manager and form part of a team of managers helping NOAA to execute a new approach to improve its Unified Forecast System (UFS) for weather modeling and prediction.
The position will have a variety of responsibilities including:
· Provide support for configurations of UFS applications.
· Manage the communications platform interface with the UFS community.
· Manage IT service management tools for user support requests.
· Leverage existing and new technology and platforms for interaction within the UFS community.
· Track inquiries, questions, and issues and looking for patterns or common issues.
· Produce online user's guides, release notes, known issues, tutorials, and developer's guides with each software
· Help to design and support hackathons, code sprints, and scientific workshops.
· Maintain a web presence for sharing information with the community.
· Communicate with users and deriving user experience (UX) preferences, goals, and metrics in conjunction with
· Outreach to support engagement, promotional, educational, branding, support, and training objectives.
· Review quality and maintain online documentation of code development, user's guides, and developers' guides as
· Help in the creation of internal-facing tools and dashboards to help NOAA monitor and assess ongoing and planned
efforts for model development and deliver external-facing tools that assist users, provide access to training and user
support, and implement outreach communication.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: The individual must have demonstrated experience with IT User Support services in a Cloud environment.
Outreach and training experience desirable. Experience related to scientific research activities in the federal
government and academia desirable. Knowledge of NOAA and/or weather modeling and prediction
communities also desirable.
Education and Professional Experience minimum requirements include a Bachelors degree and eight (8)
years or more of related experience, or a Masters and five (5) years or more experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.