JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is hiring an Associate Game Developer in Huntsville, AL to join a training development team primarily focused on developing serious games for a diverse audience. You will be a member of an agile scrum development team working closely with fellow programmers, artists, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop engaging interactive training products. The candidate must be a self-starter who takes ownership of their work.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interact with team members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop products for military and commercial clients utilizing current versions of the Unity game engine.
Contribute creatively to the game/course design process, from prototype to completion and sustainment.
Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
Write efficient code with descriptive comments and maintain attention to detail.
Take ownership of his/her work as a highly motivated self-starter.
Possess a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and work in a team environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and 0 years of experience. Will also consider HS and 4 years of experience.
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE.
- Demonstrable competence C# and current Unity development (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Windows and the Visual Studio IDE.
- Experience with version control software, such as Git (Perforce is a plus).
- A portfolio with examples of game or eLearning programming is required (web-accessible samples are preferred).
- Experience in AR/VR and/or mobile platform development. Familiarity with SDLC.
- Experience in web development (HTML, Javascipt, JSON/XML). Understanding of 3D transformation hierarchies.
- Knowledge of 3D content integration (lighting, pipeline, etc.)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.