SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air
Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to:
- Perform White Force (role play) functions including, but are not limited to, exercise director, Air and Space Operations Center (AOC), Combat Operations Division, and Combat Plans Division.
- Control and perform duties as blue air/red air with constructive models including, but not limited to, Modern Air Combat Environment (MACE) and Next Generation Threat System (NGTS).
- Lead mass briefs and debriefs with the exercise audience and small team briefs and debriefs for tactical level training events.
- Develop scenarios for WPC-sponsored events.
- These events will primarily be Tier 3 & 4 operational/tactical level training.
- They will include large force exercise events integrating joint, combined, allied, and other partner nations’ forces in an air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace battlefield, as well as smaller scenarios integrating specific capabilities.
- Generate the mission materials related to the scenario.
- These include but are not limited to: Air Tasking Order (ATO), Airspace Control Order (ACO), communication plans, Special Instructions (SPINs), blue and red orders of battle, red air plans, and mission cards.
- In order to generate the mission materials the SME must be proficient in the use of Theater Battle Management Core Systems (TBMCS). The SME have in-depth knowledge of United States Air Force (USAF) planning cycles/processes as well as the employment of USAF weapons systems to include but not limited to Close Air Support (CAS), Air-to-Air, Aerial Refueling, Electronic Warfare, C4ISR, Airlift – combat delivery, Cyber, Combat Search and Rescue, Dynamic Targeting, and Special Operations mission sets.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following skills are required or desired as stated:
- 10 years’ experience, minimum DoD 8570.1 IAT Level III Certification required.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Server Infrastructure and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Experience with ACAS or Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanners.
- ISSO cybersecurity qualification.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 4 years of experience is required.
A Secret (fully adjudicated and eligible for NATO) security clearance is required for this position.
- Rated USAF Aircrew or Career Enlisted Aviator Air Force Specialty Code qualifications with recent operational experience within five years, minimum of 200 hours of Instructor or Evaluator experience, or have recent experience providing like training support (based on applicable weapon system and mission set).
- Previous Mission Commander and USAF Weapons School graduate qualification desired.
- Desired Familiarity with the following: USAF aircrew and distributed training requirements, methodology and procedures.
- In addition, USAF and Joint policy and doctrine as well as experience with the planning and execution of joint, combined, allied, and other partner nation’s operations and exercises.
- As well as, AFH 36-2235, Information for Designers of Instructional Systems, Volumes 1-13, AFMAN 36-2234, Instructional System Development, and AFMAN 36-2236, Guidebook for AF Instructors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.