The Vice President of Federal Financials is responsible for the vision, strategy, growth, execution, and talent management for the portfolio. The VPP must be able to forecast, monitor, and meet annual business plan financials and operational objectives with a focused effort on driving growth that aligns with the broader organization strategic plans. The successful individual must initiate and participate in go-to-market strategy development, guide business development and capture activities, maintain financial controls for the organization, and create an environment conducive to staff development and professional growth. The VPP is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined SAIC guidelines and policies.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, manage and nurture top-level client and potential client relationships and conducting program-level client assessments
- Lead and manage program managers and provide oversight to managed programs in portfolio.
- Identify new strategic areas within the account; planning, executing, and supervising business development strategies and directing multiple simultaneous capture efforts
- Develop and executing annual financial plans
- Meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives to drive top-line and bottom-line growth
- Maintain prescribed financial controls and assuring the integrity of financial matters
- Lead a team in efforts where the scope and complexity of responsibilities require the integration of multiple disciplines and functions
- Coordinate efforts with supporting organizations including contracts, procurement, project control, finance, accounting, and human resources
- Regular interaction across all levels of management. Interactions may involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other senior level managers that result in the best business outcomes
- Create and maintain a collaborative environment conducive to the professional growth and development of staff and the free flow of information throughout the entire organization.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 18+ years of relevant experience required. Advanced degree in a relevant field is desired.
- Former SES- Level or CIO experience preferred;
- Experience with the Department of Treasury, IRS or Federal Reserve
- 10+ years of relevant experience in federal government market
- 5+ years in a leadership role with demonstrated success leading, managing, and overseeing a portfolio of programs and business development
- Candidate must demonstrate strong ability in financial management, organizational change and strategic leadership for an organization of a hundred or more employees.
- Ability to obtain any clearance that may be required immediately or in the future.
- US Citizenship required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.