SAIC has a new opportunity for a Space Systems Engineer to work on a program supporting multiple exciting, fast-paced projects. This position will provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to customers in electro-optical or radar remote sensing technology development, sensor requirements development, and space vehicle requirements development. The successful applicant will work to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging work.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical assistance and customer support with the development of either Electro-Optical or Radar space-based payloads
• Provide technical insight to the specifications, requirements, development and acquisition of space vehicles, buses and payloads
• Work as a Systems Engineer as part of a world-class SETA team
• Collaborate across multiple government and industry teams to refine requirements and system trades
• Evaluate concept designs and system integration strategies into future architectures
• Research state-of-the-art space vehicle component technologies and sensor concepts/capabilities
• Decomposition of enterprise requirements to lower level requirements and validate traceability of requirements
• Review development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flowdown, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
• Review program for high risk areas and recommend mitigation approaches
• Develop measures of effectiveness and review plans & procedures to support all facets of testing and operations
• Support internal and external interface testing for final system verification, validation, and delivery
• Active/current TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required.
• Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
• Degree in technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Physics: Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more experience; Masters and ten (10) years or more experience ; PhD and five (5) years or more experience.
• Experience interfacing across multiple space vehicle subsystems
• In-depth technical experience with either Electro-optical or radar payload subsystems
• Experience with space vehicle testing requirements
• Experience in concept development, requirements definition, and trade studies for innovative new systems
• Demonstrated ability to technically review the work of others
• Proficient using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project.
• Knowledge of IC government acquisition processes.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.