- Performs highly complex (senior level) systems administration work
- Install, configure, administer, and manage virtual servers to support a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure
- Provide day to day administration and support for VMware ESXi and other virtualization technologies
- Deploy and administer virtual machines, maintain/configure services and perform troubleshooting
- Provide input on data protection, authentication control, resource management, monitoring and high availability
- Perform customer/site physical to virtual P2V conversions and virtual machines collection
- Install, configure, and manage server/workstation hardware, Windows/Unix operating systems, and enterprise applications
- Manages file system security
- Manages Active Directory (User accounts, Group Policy, Network Printing, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Clustered server environments, etc.)
- Automates administrative processes utilizing current industry scripting languages.
- Tests and installs new software releases, system upgrades, patches, and resolve related issues
- Provides consultation and guidance on complex projects and meets with internal customers, management, and vendors to provide top-level administration/support
- Designs, configures, and administers backup and restore strategies
- Configures user accounts, managing group policies maintaining appropriate network security groups for the organization's Active Directory structure
- Monitors network systems for security breaches, investigates violations when they occur
- Establishes secure system configuration baselines and monitors changes
- Ensures servers and workstations are scanned for viruses and perform removal procedures
- Implements Operating System security updates and patches management for all domain systems
- Create/document tactic, techniques and procedures (TTP) to train and expand/share knowledge with customers and team members
- Configure/manage third-party cloud services
- Administers and migrate scalable, secure, and stable applications to the cloud and serves as the subject matter expert resource for cloud services
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.