Job ID: 2018282
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to lead support the HAF A3TI team in implementing the AF Operational Training Infrastructure (OTI) Flight Plan. The OTI Flight Plan establishes lines-of-effort required to create relevant and realistic training infrastructure. Each line-of-effort contains a broad outline of objectives and required tasks, but each will require refinement during execution. The Lines-of-effort may require the development of new AFIs, strategy documents and/or reports. Plan implementation relies on the execution of 13 lines-of-effort and the application of a disciplined funding strategy to coordinate and prioritize capability.
1) Develop and execute a long-range funding strategy while maximizing the value of investment and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) expenditures
2) Execute OTI workforce human capital plan
3) Field a synthetic-to-live/live-to-synthetic training capability
4) Establish or augment authoritative data sources and technical standards for the training enterprise
5) Update acquisition policy to ensure effective OTI sustainment, such as proper simulator concurrency,
fidelity, interoperability and cybersecurity
6) Develop rigorous oversight and coordination of exercise programs
7) Ensure Acquisition oversight of applicable OTI
8) Institutionalize operational training by incorporating training considerations into established processes
9) Establish a relevant, non-proprietary threat environment based on authoritative/certified data
10) Incorporate quality of environment metrics into training requirements
11) Strengthen Joint/Interagency Interoperability
12) Strengthen Multinational Interoperability
13) Enable a Cross-Domain Training Architecture
The following skills are required:
Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and eight years(8) or more experience
Experience with AF operations in either the air, space or cyber domain.
Experience with elements of AF OTI, such as, airspace, ranges, simulators or Distributed Mission Operations.
Demonstrated ability to develop strategies to accomplish AF-wide initiatives.
Experience with HAF-level coordination processes, policy development and strategic communications at a senior level.
A Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required for this position
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.