SAIC has an opening for a GCCS Tier 1 Administrator. The GCCS Tier 1 Administrator will participate as a member of integrated government/contractor team of technical and functional experts in the conduct of Global Command and Command System - Joint (GCCS-J) and Automated Information Discovery Environment (AIDE) administration; software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services supporting U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) GCCS/AIDE services.
General duties will include:
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, and tune system performance.
- Perform systems administration, software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services to Headquarters USCENTCOM, and their components for the support of GCCS-J which includes the suite of applications; Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, Time Server, Agile Client, Joint Targeting Toolbox (JTT) and Joint Range Extender (JRE).
- Support infrastructures in a mixed Windows/UNIX environment and Red Hat Linux.
- Modify and maintain UNIX/Linux & Windows Hardware & Software configurations.
- Implement and maintain Window desktops, ICEBREAKER and THOR kits.
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Perform systems administration, software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services to Headquarters USCENTCOM, and their components for the support of AIDE applications to include: CONOPS, Target Library, Intel Confidence Tracking Tool, CEREBRO, ARES, Video Exploitation and Recording System, ISR Tool Kit, Cypher and Technical Information Reporting System.
Travel and Shift Requirements
- This is a shift work position to support 24/7 GCCS/AIDE operations; Nights, weekends and holidays. Candidate must be able and willing to work up to 12 hour shifts, as-needed.
- Candidate must also be available for and willing to travel, including international deployment to austere environments up to 15% annually and for durations of up to one-month at a time.
- A valid U.S. passport and compliance with all USCENTCOM deployment regulations for immunization and travel are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Security + CE Certification
- Active Secret Clearance is required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
- 3+ years' experience with Linux/Unix servers, Solaris 8 and 10 operating systems
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification
- Oracle Certified System Administrator for Solaris 10
- Military or civilian experience with GCCS/AIDE.
- Windows Operating System and Servers
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.