SAIC is looking for a Software Engineer to support the NASA HBG Program. The Ocean Biology Processing Group (http://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov) at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland is a world leader in satellite-based remote sensing of the ocean.
- This position will support the OBPG in scientific software development and evaluation of processing algorithms for current and future Earth remote sensing satellite instruments (e.g., PACE, VIIRS, MODIS).
- Duties may include scientific software development, refinement, and maintenance.
- Implementation of geophysical retrievals from satellite sensor radiometry, satellite sensor calibration and geolocation algorithm implementation, software testing and evaluation of algorithm performance.
- Development of tools and methodologies to assess and correct for instrumental artifacts in derived geophysical products.
- Bachelor’s and two (2) years or more of experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the development of scientific data processing software using C/C++ in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- The successful candidate must also be eligible for unescorted access to NASA facilities.
- Experience with the FORTRAN and Python programming languages, satellite sensor data processing and analysis, and spacecraft flight dynamics.
- Degree in Physical Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics (post graduate education will be considered for professional experience).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.