SAIC is looking for a Network Administrator to join our team in Daegu, South Korea.
The Cybersecurity, Network Operations and Maintenance of IT Support Team will provide professional, contract, technical, logistics, and management support for the USACISA-P as one of their the service providers in the Republic of South Korea (ROK). For the US and Allied units throughout the ROK, the USACISA-P mission includes contract oversight, supporting and providing input for implementation, operations, support, and maintenance of assigned technology systems, including critical support for US and allied military leadership.
Support requires work to have work performed in the ROK as designated Mission Essential staff members, and therein staff members will be afforded Invited Contractor (IC) status in accordance with the Mutual Defense Treaty between the ROK and the USA as defined in US Force Korea Regulation 700-19.
- The Network Administrator works within a cohesive team environment and supports a large Government client with multiple locations in a secure operational environment.
- The team is responsible for maintaining industry and government IT compliance standards via scheduled deployments, patching managing and maintaining, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network routers, switches and encryption devices in Windows Active Directory environment.
- This position focuses on ensuring production systems are secure, tuned for optimum performance, delivering required information to end-users, and interacting properly with Wide Area networks (WANs).
- Maximize network environment monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with System Integration network architects.
- The Network Administrator will interface with other stakeholders and attend meetings, generate reports, and provide recommendations for enhancements and improvements.
- This position reports to the on-site Operations Manager.
- (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and nine (9) years or more of experience; OR Associate degree and seven (7) years or more of experience; OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more of experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience; OR PhD and 0 years
- Must have a current, favorable Tier 5 level Background Investigation enabling authorization to obtain a privileged access account and perform Enclave level administration of classified network systems. Must have an active/current Top Secret clearance.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level III - Must have any one of the following certifications prior to start date (CASP+CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH)
- Must have a Computing Environment certification prior to start date, such as MCSE, CISCO (CCNA and/or CCNP Collaboration) or others
- ITIL Foundation certified (may be able to obtain within 60 days from start date)
- Knowledge in the following technologies:
- Routers, network switches, network encryption devices (e.g. KG/SG- 250), Ethernet, 802.1X, VPNs, GRE tunneling, CSUs/DSUs, TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, ATM, SONET, PVCs, ACLs, MPLS, CWM, DWDM, SATCOM.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.