Job ID: 2018200
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Enterprise Architect
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is looking for a Senior Cloud Architect to join our team in an exciting and challenging environment. This work will be 100% remote.
Responsible for successful delivery of cloud projects for our customer. You are a self-starter who collaborates well, helps others and gets your assigned tasks completed in a timely and complete fashion. Manages and performs high-level, day-to-day tasks supporting architecture initiatives, developing strategies, creating and supporting executive presentations and guiding cloud migrations.
You will lead small teams for assigned projects as well as collaborate with the government customer and vendors. You will apply your expertise on multiple complex work assignments, which are broad in nature, requiring originality, creativity, and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. You will apply your comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments, evaluate performance results and recommend changes as necessary to achieve project success. You will lead the high-level and detailed architecture of complex systems related to a broad range of business areas. Your overall responsibilities will include architecting, designing, and demonstrating strong estimation and planning skills, leading planning for native cloud migrations and cloud shared services expansions/enhancements supporting cloud production environments. In this role, you will:
• Lead several ongoing and new architecture and technical activities to meet customer requirements.
• Oversee and plan activities to meet program and assigned project level deliverables, and deliver customer business value
• Facilitate and lead teams in determining architecture goals, estimating solutions and reviewing existing cloud deployments for potential improvements.
• Serve as the primary customer technical contact for assigned projects
• Serve as a mentor to inspire and guide less experienced team members in support of the customer mission
Education: Bachelor’s and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience, or equivalent education and experience
• Possesses maturing leadership and management skills that may require periodic mentoring and feedback from supervisors.
• Must have a strong understanding of Azure and AWS Well Architected Frameworks in cloud production environments and understand how to use that knowledge to guide migration teams moving to the cloud.
• Must possess multiple certifications in AWS and Azure cloud environments with a strong preference toward AWS Professional certifications and Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or equivalent
• Shall have at least eight (8) years specialized experience in cloud architecture planning, estimating, application migration and cloud governance
• Be able to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment
• Flexible, responsive and able to work under the pressure of deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential as well as strong customer focus and presence
• Proven skills in Cloud native development
• Knowledge of Agile practices and governance
• Dynamic personality that highlights leadership and ability to adjust when faced with challenges or adversity
• Strong Visio skills
• Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
• Healthcare experience a plus
• Existing US Government Public Trust moderate background investigation preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.